Monday, September 14, 2009

People say the darnest things

One thing about pregnancy that I don't think I will ever get over is the fact that complete strangers will say the most bizarre, better yet RUDE things to you. I've heard it all:

"Are you having twins?!"

"You look like you're gonna pop!" (when meanwhile, I had 2 months left at that point)

The latest, which I'll admit was a little funny...I was a Michael's, the craft store, picking up some things for the baby's room. With all the seasons quickly approaching it was funny when I heard a woman in the same aisle say to me, "When's your little pumpkin due?"

A little later, I was at Wal-Mart in the checkout line. There was still a customer in front of me paying for her order and about to leave. When the cashier sees me approaching, she says, "When are you due?" I say, November 6. Then the customer in front of me who should be on her way out of the store by now screams, "You're NOT going to make it! Look how much you've dropped already! He's getting ready to make his way down your birth canal!"

Now what kind of person thinks they have the right to make a judgment like that in public? I was wearing an oversized Tampa Bay Bucs jersey, so my belly may have looked low, but really, he has not dropped yet. My Dr. just told me at my last appointment less then 4 days ago, that he was head down, but he was still VERY high.

I think the next time someone makes a comment that ridiculous, I'm going to say, "Why thank you for your insight. Are you a doctor?"

No comments: